Sunday, October 31, 2010

UPDATE: FREAKOUT 2010


Main Room: Drum n Bass

Destiny & Embrace's FREAKOUT 2010 presented an impressive set-up, with colourful light shows, beaming lasers, creepy spiderwebs, dead leaves and trees, and many other halloween decorations that complimented the 'Freakout' Theme. The high-raised eye-twitching strobe lights added a crazy effect when seeing the hyped crowd peeping in and out of the darkness. The people and music were most pleasing, the costumes were a pleasure to look at, and the overall atmosphere was extremely enjoyable. Both the DnB and Dubstep room were packed with wall-to-wall people and by the end of the night the ceiling was literally dripping. I made sure to hop back and forth between rooms all night to ensure I didn't miss at least a couple songs from each Dj's set. I was lucky enough to snag a spot right in front of the Dj booth on stage in the dubstep room for 12th Planet's face melting set. 'Face melting' may even be a bit of an understatement, but you should get the idea. Below I've provided a couple pictures I took myself of 12th Planet on deck. I have also added a small video which unfortunately is not the best quality and the sound is quite distorted..I apologize!

12th Planet

Cartoon drawing of city skyline
Cartoon drawing of city skyline
Cartoon drawing of city skyline
Cartoon drawing of city skyline

Video (Again, sorry for the quality)


Unfortunately this years FREAKOUT did have some downfalls. The first is that S.P.Y did NOT show up and was nowhere to be found in the sound academy. S.P.Y along with Marky were both supposed to be major headliners in the Dnb Room so it was extremely disappointing once I finally noticed that neither of them came. To take over their place, Bad Company spun a disgustingly refreshing set that quickly made the crowd oblivious to the couple issues that occurred. DatsiK definitely lived up to the expectations I set for my first time seeing him. The crowd stepped and banged their heads furiously to the sounds of DatsiK. The last, but not least Dj I'm going to mention is TC. He was featured in the DnB room where I managed to catch about 75% of his set. All I can say is I rinsed my heart out and it left me speechless.

Cartoon drawing of city skyline

Scariest costume Contest Winner: Cracked out House

Was Freakout 2010 better than Freakout 2009?

The turn for this year's Freakout definitely seemed like it surpassed last years. Although, the fact that TWO headliners failed to appear brings this years Freakout rating down a notch. Since I can't seem to pick between the two I'd have to say they were equal, BUT if Marky and S.P.Y had of been there then this years Freakout would have taken the prize.

Cartoon drawing of city skyline
Second Room: Dubstep

Cartoon drawing of city skyline
Last Picture of the night: Random


Small Video from Costume Contest: LMAO!



(:37 I'm in the maid costume on bottom left gettin their pic taken, gots a big white flower in my hair :) haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment